I am delivered


Hello everybody - or those who still choose to follow my blog. First and foremost, I wish everybody a happy and safe new year, with good fortune to everyone.

Secondly, as you can see, I am here to prove that I am still very much still alive. Sort of.

My leaving was somewhat abrupt all those months ago, and while I don't care to relive why or share specific details, I will just give you a quick rundown on what's been happening. I feel you have a right to know.

About June last year I received some alarming health news that quickly pulled me down to a dangerous level of depression. In, literally, a matter of weeks, I became a totally different (and unrecognisable) person with no zest for life, nor with the will power to do anything. I could barely get myself to school on time, let alone keep up with banner requests, fandom writing, and homework. I had to make the best decision at the time, and that was to focus on school. So I did. That is why I chose to leave the fandom community.

It's been a slow and bumpy process, but I'm getting back on the road to recovery. I will never be the person that I was 12 months ago just before I started taking banner requests, but I have chosen to accept that what happened serves as a life lesson and that I will grow from it in time. While I am not yet healed, I think I am strong enough to get back into the swing of things gently within the fandom world.

So, I hereby announce that I have returned to banner making and fandom writing.

I will not, however, under any circumstances, make videos. No exceptions. I also do not do blinkie requests at this time.

Please understand that, the first time around, the pressure of life got to me and I buckled. This time around, I plan to pace myself better. That means that I will no longer pump out 12 banners a week like I used to. I will go at a leisurely pace that suits me.

That said, I have decided that if I return, I will return with a clean slate. I will not be following up any requests that I left hanging. I'm sorry - I just cannot do it, nor will I be able to trace all those requests from so far back. If you still need something that you requested, feel free to request again and I'll get back to you.

I apologise sincerely to the two users who were waiting on a video from me, but please understand that I just cannot make them and I will not be offended if you ask someone else to make them. Delving back into things that needed to be done 6 months ago, I believe, will be very psychologically detrimental to me and I cannot risk going back to where I was. Again, words cannot express how sorry I am that you could not rely on me to deliver.

On a positive note, the time away has allowed me to dabble some more in digital artistry, and I've upgraded my software to accommodate my growing skills. So, while my time away may have been seen as counter-productive, I actually have learned a few new techniques and such that will help me become a better artist.

I conclude this message by saying that I would love to hear from you guys again and I cannot wait to become re-aquainted with all my fabulous cyber-buddies.

As always, the best means of contacting me is through email: enchanted_mind@ymail.com

Thank you for your support in the beginning and for any future support you guys will provide.

I'll see you around!

- enchanted-mind

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! I have missed you! Stalked you on DA and all LOL
    *massive huggage*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Hunny!

    I saw you commenting on the Challenges over at TFP and I was like, "Is she back?!"
    Obviously I haven't been around much to check my blog updates so didn't realise.

    As for your health issues, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I myself have a life-long medical condition that screws with my body - both physically and mentally, so I know it can be hard.

    All I can say is that I'm glad that you are in a better place than you were and happy that you were able to come back. You were missed.

    You should never apologise for having to place restrictions on what you can and can't do; you're a person with a RL and commitments, not a robot. You do what you need to do Hunny :)

    Anyhoo, sorry for the essay but yeah, just glad to see you back and well. xox

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © / enchanted-mind

Original template by : Urangkurai / Altered template by : enchanted-mind / powered by : blogger